Sunday, April 18, 2010

LUPE!

I saw Lupe Fiasco for the second time in my life last night. He came to St. Peter, Minn. to rock out at Gustavus Adolphus College - which was surprising, considering the small size of the school.

I really think Lupe is the best lyrical rapper alive. He shits on Wayne when it comes to content, flow, originality, really any category. The only thing Wayne does better than anyone is slurp codeine and continue his daily trek to becoming brain-dead.

My favorite song from last night (and from the last time I saw him) was Daydreamin'. The contrasts between the soft and loud parts and the build-ups in-between give me shivers. He really knows how to entertain! Look for the new album coming out soon.

Here's a video shown to me by Mel610 of Niketalk... it's from Lupe's performance in Washington D.C. last week.


No comments: