Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I quit.

My job in the meat department lasted two weeks. I couldn't stand:

- The 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. shift... getting up at 5 am? No thanks.

- The "lifers" who had been working there for 20+ years and have their own way of doing things... and they get mad when you don't do things like them.

- The literally non-stop manual labor. Call me a pussy, but that's not what I'm good at.

Those three things combined caused me to quit in the middle of an especially sleep-deprived shift. I didn't just walk out; I simply told my manager not to schedule me next week. Or the week after that...

I feel like on my last two days, however, I met a few guys that were pretty cool in different departments. I was also offered to come back for the dairy department, so I may do that. Until then I'll be wallowing in poverty.

No comments: