Tuesday, June 23, 2009

R.I.P.

My cousin, Jeff Hugo, died last night at 11:30 pm. He had cancer in his knee and his lung, and his heart gave out with some sort of mass pressing on it.

It's hard to believe that he's gone; I think the thing I'll remember most about him is his laugh. He was super funny and I always loved joking around with him and the rest of my cousins and uncles. He was also the first one to put me onto Run-DMC, and he always wanted me to come down to Chicago to visit him. I never got to...

One of the worst parts of the whole thing is that he was engaged. His fiancé, Britt, must be absolutely destroyed. At least the whole family can come together on Saturday, for the funeral.

It's still hard for me to deal with it... I need to do something to distract me. R.I.P. Jeff, I'll miss you for the rest of my life. There's a hole in our family that will never be filled.

1 comment:

Alma said...

I was a friend of Jeff. We met when he worked at Northern Trust and he was an amazing person. I always joked around that if I had a boy he would be named Hugo and he said that I had to promise him that. I was looking for him to get back in touch ..and when I found him was to hear this super bad news. Please give my condolences to the whole family. Please share a picture if you can.