Thursday, March 18, 2010

Transformers: The Return of Optimus Prime

I have previously stated my disdain for the new Transformers movie franchise. Personally, I think that the latest installment ("Revenge of the Fallen") was one of the biggest pieces of shit that came out last year. Megan Fox is ridiculously overrated and the non-stop action and ultra-fast editing was like watching Sportscenter's "Ultimate Highlight" for two hours - only instead of seeing interesting, relevant sports clips I was forced to watch a million explosions and horrifically corny one-liners.

One of the main reasons I hate this franchise (a lot) is because I loved the original cartoons so god damn much as a youth. I recall my older cousins dropping off a box of Transformers action figures and taped episodes off of the Sci-Fi channel sometime around 1993. I then proceeded to snap up a good amount of Transformers comic books, and I still have #'s 1-70 sitting at my parent's house.

I'd like to share with you one of my favorite cartoon episodes, besides the animated movie from 1986. This one is about a space spore (lol) that basically infects the world until Optimus Prime comes back from the dead and makes things right. Classic!

No comments: